Business News of Saturday, 28 March 2020
Click to read all about coronavirus →
President Nana Adda Dankwa Akufo-Addo has confirmed that some parts of the country would be on lockdown to control the spread of the Coronavirus.
According to Akufo-Addo, certain parts of Accra, Kumasi, Kasoa, and Tema will be on lockdown for the next two weeks.
Speaking in a Facebook live session in his fourth coronavirus address to the nation, the President made this known on Friday evening, March 27, 2020.
He however indicated that, individuals who lived in the areas indicated as hotspots were to stay at home. The president was quick to add that all individuals and institutions providing some essential services were restricted from such a directive.
YEN.com.gh has however compiled a list of all institutions that would still be operation in these not so normal times.
1. Members of the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary
2. Pharmaceutical companies
3. Producers, distributors, and marketers of food, beverages, medicine, paper, packages, and plastic pakages
4. Environmental and Sanitation workers
6. Mine workers
7. Staff of Valco, ECG, Water company, Fuel stations
8. E-commerce (Banks)
9. Telecommunications (MTN, Airtel-Tigo, Vodafone, Telecommunications Chamber, National Communications Authority)
10. Road and railway construction workers
11. Security Services (Police, Army, Navy, Airforce, Immigration)
12. Public and private commercial transport service (ubers, trotro and taxis)
13.Air traffic civil aviation control services
14. Meteorological services
15. Health and hospital services
Send your news stories to
and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.